Oil & Gas Exploration and Appraisal
ERCE has worked with many successful oil and gas exploration groups throughout our history. ERCE is typically engaged to conduct one of three roles.
Oil and Gas prospect studies, including identification, risking and ranking
- Provide an Independent second opinion on oil and gas prospects, for management or board decisions and for financing raises
- Complete bespoke technical pieces of work to help understand and de-risk prospects. Example projects include basin modelling, seismic evaluation, geology studies including sequence stratigraphy, quantitative geophysics modelling and velocity modelling.
ERCE has worked in many regions of the world in Oil and Gas Prospective Resources studies. Examples include:
- The whole of the passive margin in West Africa, in both the pre and post-salt environments
- Offshore Nile Delta, including the deep-water environment
- North Atlantic and Arctic ocean exploration, including the Barents Sea Norway, offshore Greenland and the Grand Banks Canada
- Studies of multiple quads, offshore UK
- Onshore Kurdistan in multiple reservoir systems
- Offshore East Africa, across Tanzania, Mozambique and Madagascar
- Help clients to maximise the use of their existing data
- Quantify uncertainties such that appraisal programmes can be developed
- Complete independent assessments, used to raise financing for further appraisal work or to move towards field developments.